Jamie’s Superfood Salad
Fed up of eating Caesar Salads?
Try his cheeky recipe….a rainbow of flavours….
2 large carrots
2 raw beetroots
1 large sweet potato
1 red onion
2 kiwi fruits
Big bunch Kale
Juice of 1 lemon
I inch ginger root grated
4 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 table spoons apple cider vinegar
1 tsp Himalyan Salt
Peel and finely slice the veg on a mandolin
Des talk kale and roughly chop into chunks
in a large bowl add lemon, apple cider vinegar, salt and ginger to the kale and massage it all well using your hands, and wait for the kale to soften.
Mix in the rest of the ingredients and serve -
1. Carrots are full of beta carotene and are full of anti oxidants which slow down the aging process.
2. Beetroots are great for heart health and great blood builders!
High in frolic acid which is crucial for new born babies as it helps in the growth of the spinal cord in the first trimester.
3. Parsnips are high in fibre and high in vitamin C
4. Sweet potatoes are high in anti oxidants and high in vitamin A
5. Red onions are anti fungal and anti viral and are anti cancer fighting
6. Kiwi fruits have a high dose of vitamin c and have 4 x the amount of vit C in them than oranges.
7. Kale high in calcium, vitamin K, calcium and vitamin C. High in sulphur which helps detoxifies the liver.
8. Lemons are alkaline when ingested, as they leave an alkaline ash. Great for detoxifying the liver!